Weekly Roundup - Zero:Net getting Bigger and Greener
Zero:Net reached 140 locations nationwide this week, with 5 new great places to charge
Zero:Net has expanded this week with the addition of 5 new Charging Locations that require no smartcard, no membership and no subscription. Four of these sites generate renewable electricity on-site, so you can drive with zero emissions.
These new locations are all over England, from Cornwall to the Lakes, and bring the total number of Zero:Net locations across the UK to 140.
The new locations can all be seen on the Zero:Net map where information about their location and contact details can also be found.
This week, the following locations were added:
- The Green House Hotel in Bournemouth, which generates electricity from a combined heat and power (CHP) unit.
- Little White Alice in Cornwall, where you can plug in to a 6kW wind turbine.
- Thorney How Independent Hostel in Cumbria
- Solarsense near Bristol, where you can charge up at the solar car-port.
- The Eden Project in Cornwall, which has wind tubines on site and sources all electricity from renewable sources.
If you want free Charging Stations for your business in the hotel and leisure industry, or if you know of a business that would be an ideal place for electric vehicle drivers to plug-in, please fill in our online form.